Query: Find A Resident website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MuddyPhuddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks, I got ECFMG certified in Jan 2010 (FMG , 98/88/CS passed , US PhD) tried my luck in scramble but was not successful.Now that match process is over , is there any benefit in posting on "find a resident " does any one take this website seriously for PGY1 position.
many thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

If you're asking whether it's helpful to post your own app there so that PD's could browse and possibly pick you for an interview if they have an opening, my guess is that wouldn't be very helpful. At least, I as a PD would never consider looking at applications that way. Perhaps others would.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many thanks, aProgDirector that was just the answer I was looking for

aPD, what advice do you have for applicants who didn't match and got no response on the scramble? Is there any chance for finding a position in the next couple of months and how?

Thanks

There is no sure fire way to do so. Really it involves 1) keeping in contact with programs where you think you have a real chance, 2) trying to get to know those PD's, random emails don't tend to make a big splash, 3) preparing for the match next year.

So what if an already filled program has an opening suddenly before July 1 and they want to fill it, how will they find applicants? how do I know about it?