1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Ques about Tufts decisions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Little Rascal, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Little Rascal

Little Rascal Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey, one of my friends recently received a rejection letter from Tufts, but on their website they say that they keep everyone under consideration through March...here is what it says under their FAQ's:

We hold all complete applications under active consideration for an interview until the end of February, and we interview until the end of April. It is not uncommon for an applicant whose application became complete in the fall to be invited for an interview in the winter or spring.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JayQuah

JayQuah Connect Four Champion
    10+ Year Member

I am starting to not trust schools that say things like this: possibly that they put something up there to appease the masses that haven't heard things in weeks, when in reality its not true, its actually totally random and "we're getting there" process.
    Sorry about your friend. Unless this friend is you. In which case I'm REALLY sorry.

4. Little Rascal

Little Rascal Member
    5+ Year Member

Haha, no it really is my friend, but we have similar stats so I thought if she was rejected I would be too, but I haven't received anything and we live about a mile apart.

5. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

It seems strange that they send out rejections to only a few, and at random times. Do they meet everyweek, and try to narrow down the field? So a couple people that interviewed get rejected every couple weeks?

6. Little Rascal

Little Rascal Member
    5+ Year Member

This is actually preinterview...you have great stats btw! :thumbup:

7. silas2642

silas2642 silas2642
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

I KNOW they don't meet every week; it's only a couple of times per year. You should have your friend call up and see what's up with the rejection if he/she wanted to go to Tufts that badly.

8. Dave_D

Dave_D Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hell, I'm at the point where I don't believe some schools when they want you fill out a secondary because they're interested in you.(Right, Albany wasn't just interested in my $100, those mother****ers.) Guess we should all be a bit more analytical and dissect what they say and what they actually do.

This is actually pretty good advice. Until I e-mailed them earlier in the week they hadn't even told me if I was complete.(Hope that doesn't mean I've fallen through the cracks as it were. :( )