Ques abt non traditional applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scriblet

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions regarding a question on TMDSAS?
[B]Please describe any personal characteristics and/or important or challenging experiences you have had that will contribute to the diversity of or provide educational benefits to the student body.
I am a nontraditional student: AKA older applicant. I just wanted some suggestions to how to approach this question

take care

Members don't see this ad.

scriblet said:
hey guys, I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions regarding a question on TMDSAS?
[B]Please describe any personal characteristics and/or important or challenging experiences you have had that will contribute to the diversity of or provide educational benefits to the student body.
I am a nontraditional student: AKA older applicant. I just wanted some suggestions to how to approach this question

take care

1. Write your own essay.
2. How is being an older applicant a challenging experience?.... It might sound sort of trite if you try to spin this into that essay. I doubt an adcom is going to think taking classes in school when your older is a real "challenge."

Talk about how you understand how the real world works, and you are able to view decisions with much more background, as you have experienced more than the average medical student.

scriblet said:

take care

that is going to have to come from you. we dont know you. so sit around and think about what makes you unique, what have you experienced that no on else has