Ques..Pharm ..

Discussion in 'Step I' started by SYD, Jun 27, 2002.

1. SYD

SYD

Could anybody who has done Step I/ doing step I tell me:

Do we need to know Muscarinic rreceptor type
    M1-M4, for eg M2 is in ht/ or where ever.

Also anti arrhythmics class I A,B,C - IV, do they expect us to know the mech of action / eg for each type.

Thanks

2. BellKicker

BellKicker Twisted Miler
    7+ Year Member

I'm studying for an August teest like yourself. I wish I knew the answer to a thousand questions like that. I think of it like this:

If it's in first aid: Yes, it's often tested.

If it's in a review book: It's tested but to a varying degree. Obviously depending on the review book.

If you remember it from class but haven't found it in a review book: LOW YIELD. FLush out your lobes or something.

For cholinergic receptors, I have a really stupid mnemonic:

Kick (qiq) at the gates

The meaning is pretty obscure but it goes like this:

M1 : G-protein q-type
    M2 : G-pritein 1-type
    M3 : G-protein q-type

Nn
    Nm both ligand gated.

So M1,2,3,Nn,Nm spell qiq 2xgate

Gaad, that's a lame mnemonic. But once you get it in your head you'll remember forever.

I think antiarrhythmics are worth looking at. Although I think they are really confusing.

Just did webpath hematology questions today. Man, I got a 50%. I hate hematology. I don't get all those segs and bands and metas (wtf?) and what have you.

Later

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SYD

SYD

Bell kicker

Thanks for the above..

Surprisingly I also scored very poorly on hamatology when I did path Q Bank, I am planning to re-revise haematology. With GIT Patholoy, it wasn't too bad, it was actually far better.

Good like with yr studying..