S

SYD

Could anybody who has done Step I/ doing step I tell me:

Do we need to know Muscarinic rreceptor type
M1-M4, for eg M2 is in ht/ or where ever.

Also anti arrhythmics class I A,B,C - IV, do they expect us to know the mech of action / eg for each type.

Thanks

BellKicker

Twisted Miler
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2002
Up North
Status (Visible)
I'm studying for an August teest like yourself. I wish I knew the answer to a thousand questions like that. I think of it like this:

If it's in first aid: Yes, it's often tested.

If it's in a review book: It's tested but to a varying degree. Obviously depending on the review book.

If you remember it from class but haven't found it in a review book: LOW YIELD. FLush out your lobes or something.

For cholinergic receptors, I have a really stupid mnemonic:

Kick (qiq) at the gates

The meaning is pretty obscure but it goes like this:

M1 : G-protein q-type
M2 : G-pritein 1-type
M3 : G-protein q-type

Nn
Nm both ligand gated.

So M1,2,3,Nn,Nm spell qiq 2xgate

Gaad, that's a lame mnemonic. But once you get it in your head you'll remember forever.

I think antiarrhythmics are worth looking at. Although I think they are really confusing.

Just did webpath hematology questions today. Man, I got a 50%. I hate hematology. I don't get all those segs and bands and metas (wtf?) and what have you.

Later

S

SYD

Bell kicker

Thanks for the above..

Surprisingly I also scored very poorly on hamatology when I did path Q Bank, I am planning to re-revise haematology. With GIT Patholoy, it wasn't too bad, it was actually far better.

Good like with yr studying..

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.