Question About 2011 NRMP Statistics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgod34

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the 2011 NRMP Advanced Data tables that were released today, are the number of unfilled positions per specialty as of today(currently still unfilled), or was this the original number of unfilled positions prior to the start of scramble last week? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

In the 2011 NRMP Advanced Data tables that were released today, are the number of unfilled positions per specialty as of today(currently still unfilled), or was this the original number of unfilled positions prior to the start of scramble last week? Thanks!

This list is the initial list before the scramble begins.

This list is the initial list before the scramble begins.

Thank you for answering my question. Is there anyway to find out the current unfilled spots, or is it just safe to assume almost all of them have been filled? I will be going through the match next year, and am trying to familiarize myself a little better with the process.

Thank you for answering my question. Is there anyway to find out the current unfilled spots, or is it just safe to assume almost all of them have been filled? I will be going through the match next year, and am trying to familiarize myself a little better with the process.

The Scramble will be entirely different next year, so please don't spend life energy trying to make sense of the current process. You can read about plans for the managed scramble at the NRMP site.

does someone have the stats for this year. Are they available to the public yet?