question about ABSITE score and ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icantswim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone,

I'm applying for vascular surgery fellowship. Application open in December and I'm assuming interviews will be around January - February. My 3rd year absite score was less than stellar. I hope to do better this 4th year. But I'm afraid that this year's score won't be available before submitting ERAS.

Is there a way to update the ERAS with new score AFTER you submit the application to programs?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you upload a picture of your score in PDF format. Whether they download that new score or not is a different story.

You'll also want to directly e-mail your scanned PDFs to the program coordinators of programs that have offered you interviews. Maybe even some programs that haven't.

You might even ask your program director or vascular surgery mentor to make a call or e-mail if they know someone at your top choices. They can advocate on your behalf and explain away perceived flaws; it will be even easier if your scores rebound. The people making decisions are only human, and they can be reassured and swayed by colleagues and peers they trust.

Never underestimate the value of communication on the back channel. For better or worse, that's just how the world works.

Source: my wife just went through this; also works in my industry