Question about Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ru19x

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just got accepted to St. Louis University, but it isn't my first school of choice. I am still waiting for a response from UCDavis. If I signed the SLU's letter of intent and send them the $100 dollar check, would I be obligated to attend SLU, even if UCDavis decides to accept me later on? How will I be able to hold on to the SLU seat while waiting for a reply from UCDavis? I hope you guys can help. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is that you can hold as many acceptances as you like until May 15 when AAMC guidelines say that you should just hold one place. The two weeks or so most schools give you is just to decide if you accept the place they've offered you. That's just from the reading of my acceptance letter and the impression I've gotten from admissions deans.

ru19x said:
Hi guys,

I just got accepted to St. Louis University, but it isn't my first school of choice. I am still waiting for a response from UCDavis. If I signed the SLU's letter of intent and send them the $100 dollar check, would I be obligated to attend SLU, even if UCDavis decides to accept me later on? How will I be able to hold on to the SLU seat while waiting for a reply from UCDavis? I hope you guys can help. Thanks.

Hey there,

Well you are allowed to hold onto multiple seats until May 15th. That is D-Day (Decision Day). You are only allowed to hold one seat in a medical school after that date. But, out of courtisy to others I would recommend making the withdrawels from places you are sure you don't want to be as soon as you come to that decison. Good Luck.

P.S. You are not officially obligated to go to the school you sent the letter of intent to, but it means you have a strong comitment to that decision

Members don't see this ad :)
If you decide to attend CCLCM, you must let them know by mid-April and give up all your other seats by then. At least this is what I was told. Anyone know for sure?

Any school participating in AMCAS allows you to hold your multiples until May 15th.

dc