question about activity descriptions and contact names

coralfangs

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
okay, this year i've decided to get serious and actually hand in everything on time (eg. i was completed at mot schools after they sent out their first waves of decisions..... haha, bad idea, so i decided to just withdraw from app and do it seriously this year)

most of my other crap are "presentable" like volunteer leader at local hospital, research at cancer institute, internship at the UN, exec at my school's student union and stuff...
but i've been involved a lot in local music and art scene too
some of my bossmen are famous hippies and are known to be doing "hippie" stuff and other unmentionable......
should i put down one of their names as contact person?
what do you think?

wht are the chances tht the adminstrator would actually know the names?
and look down on me and my application?

jochi1543

President, Gunner Central
10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I don't know if it can be bad or not, I don't think it's gonna "harm you" unless they are serial killers on the run or something. But to calm your nerves, I guess one way to get around it would be to ask yourself whether you have anyone who's familiar with your involvement who'd be more "mainstream." Someone who could say "Oh yes, I know s/he has been very involved into performance arts," etc - a professor, a mentor, an employer.

coralfangs

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
ya, several of them have their own wiki pages
but i SURE dont want the adm committee to read those.......

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.