question about activity descriptions and contact names

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, this year i've decided to get serious and actually hand in everything on time (eg. i was completed at mot schools after they sent out their first waves of decisions..... haha, bad idea, so i decided to just withdraw from app and do it seriously this year)

most of my other crap are "presentable" like volunteer leader at local hospital, research at cancer institute, internship at the UN, exec at my school's student union and stuff...
but i've been involved a lot in local music and art scene too
some of my bossmen are famous hippies and are known to be doing "hippie" stuff and other unmentionable......
should i put down one of their names as contact person?
what do you think?

wht are the chances tht the adminstrator would actually know the names?
and look down on me and my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if it can be bad or not, I don't think it's gonna "harm you" unless they are serial killers on the run or something. But to calm your nerves, I guess one way to get around it would be to ask yourself whether you have anyone who's familiar with your involvement who'd be more "mainstream." Someone who could say "Oh yes, I know s/he has been very involved into performance arts," etc - a professor, a mentor, an employer.

ya, several of them have their own wiki pages
but i SURE dont want the adm committee to read those.......