Question about AMCAS and Processing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DragonM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

I plan on taking the April MCAT and I will submit my AMCAS in June. However, I plan on taking summer classes both semesters. The second semester does not end until August 25th.

Beforehand, I plan on sending them my previous work. My question is: How long would my file take to be "verified" and sent to the schools if I had the last batch of grades sent to AMCAS on August 25th? Would doing this put me at a disadvantage?

I really need the summer grades!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You would have to send your whole transcipt to AMCAS at once when your summer classes end. So it would put you behind two months. It's a tough call and depends on how badly you need these grades to help your GPA. I would check up with your premed advisor about this one.
Good luck.

Its a .1 difference.

2.8 versus 2.9 science GPA.

You do not have to send the transcript for the summer grades. I was in the same boat when I applied. I needed to show as many A's as possible. You only have to send transcripts for the spring semester grades. Then on Aug. 25, have your application complete and add those last grades and submit the application. This should not really delay you much if you submit in August.