Question about AMCAS gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't know; I would call the AAMC and ask. They were helpful when I called about a transcript inquiry.

Last semester I took General Chemistry for Engineers and I got an A in it but I've decided to do prehealth not engineering because I like biology and chemistry better than math and physics and I'd like to have a job where I can directly help people. I need to take the regular General Chemistry classes starting at the first one now. However, my school only counts the grade for General Chemistry I or General Chemistry for Engineers in the gpa, not both. Would AMCAS or PharmCAS or the dental one count both grades? Thank you.

Are you positive you need both? I'd think they'll use either as pre-req for g chem 2 or o chem...

AMCAS counts all post secondary courses (ever) For example, college courses taken in high school (not AP) count. It's listed in a cumulative GPA by year and type (BCPM) and other. It doesn't matter where or when you took it.