futurebostondoc227

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi All! So I submitted my AMCAS a few days ago and got a couple secondaries, however it says it's "ready for review" and not "processed."

I want to add a few schools, but if I re-submit, I don't want to go to the back of the line for processing.

That said, if I'm getting secondaries, I must have already been processed/ verified and whatnot, right?

Apologies for the silly question. Hope everyone is having non-stressful app cycle.

Feb 6, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Which secondaries did you receive? Some schools send them out before you're verified, like Tufts and GW. If it still says "ready for review" then you aren't verified yet.

However, if you add schools and resubmit, I don't think you'll be pushed to the back of the line for processing (but don't quote me on this).

Reactions: 1 user

futurebostondoc227

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
It actually was tufts and GW, haha. That answers that question. Thank you!

Anyone know if this’ll affect the timing for AMCAS?

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
Jul 19, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I am fairly certain that this won't affect your spot in line. For example I only added one school to my list before my MCAT was scored and then when I got my MCAT back I added all my schools and immediately after that I was verified within a day and this was during the June rush. Good luck!!

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
You will not lose your place in the verification queue if you add more schools and resubmit.

While this is true, I suggest applicants dont do this for 2 reasons

1) I dont trust technical systems so why invite a glitch that only hurts you and doesnt speed anything up
2) you can add schools after verification as it only takes a day to transmit
3) adding all schools at once means getting a large fraction of your secondaries at once and many have required/recommended turnaround times of 2 weeks. Why get crushed by all of them at once?

DameJulie

5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
While this is true, I suggest applicants dont do this for 2 reasons

1) I dont trust technical systems so why invite a glitch that only hurts you and doesnt speed anything up
2) you can add schools after verification as it only takes a day to transmit
3) adding all schools at once means getting a large fraction of your secondaries at once and many have required/recommended turnaround times of 2 weeks. Why get crushed by all of them at once?
I second this. With the extremely slow verification speed of this year's AMCAS, I just don't want to add another X factor into the waiting period.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.