question about amcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stormcloud

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a slight problem... I had submitted my amcas about a month ago and I had remembered that I had taken one class at another undergrad institution other than the ones I listed when I was in high school. I did rather well in the class, but I don't want to go through the trouble of reporting it. I am afraid that my application will be considered more late than it already is and that it will be marked as incomplete. Will anyone really care anyhow? I am in a panic since I had forgotten this one small thing...

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, was this class at all related to your requirements for med school, or is it counting towards your college graduation in any way? If so, I think you probably need to contact AMCAS and submit the change, send in a copy of the transcript, etc. Otherwise, your units won't add up, and AMCAS will consider your application incomplete. If this class isn't really counting towards anything, I probably wouldn't bother with it. Hope this helps.

Well, I never got credit for it in college (they would not accept it since the class did not match up to their course description) and it doesn't appear on my primary transcript either. It was anatomy and physiology... I took it during my high school senior year at a local college. You are probably right, lilycat, that I shouldn't bother with it. Thanks.