Question about application? (Texas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SolarBear

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of questions about the TMDSAS application:

1. I did ok on the ACT but really bad on the SAT. Should I still include both scores? Or would an extremely terrible (not exaggerating, probably bottom 5%) score hurt me to where I should think twice about adding it?

2. For the work, shadow, and volunteer descriptions should I include contact information or just name the place, hospital, etc? 300 characters is kinda limiting and including some of these would take up some.

3. I only have one "award" to list for non academic recognition, and no EC's/leisure that stand out (weightlifting). Is this a significant weakness in my app?
Thanks all for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Yes, you should include both scores. From what I understand, TMDSAS requests these scores for continuity's sake. I do not believe they impact admissions decisions.

However, deliberately excluding a score could be grounds for dismissal or cause acceptance to be rescinded. Many schools take this very seriously.

2) Do not include contact information. Briefly describe the experience as was requested by the application.

3) The leisure activities section is simply for schools to see that you "have a life apart from school". Include anything that shows you get away from school. I literally included gaming and movie nights (in addition to ECs such as wind ensemble etc.). Write anything that shows you "have a life" that you spend a large chunk of time on.

First off thanks for the reply, it helps a lot! Ill be sure to include my SAT score as well as other leisure activities. As far as the contact information that actually helps because I can keep my descriptions as long as I want. I just was unsure about it because I thought on AMCAS you are supposed to include contact information

Members don't see this ad :)
First off thanks for the reply, it helps a lot! Ill be sure to include my SAT score as well as other leisure activities. As far as the contact information that actually helps because I can keep my descriptions as long as I want. I just was unsure about it because I thought on AMCAS you are supposed to include contact information

AMCAS has sections explicitly for contact information on each activity entry in addition to a brief description section for the same entry.

Only a description is required on TMDSAS.