Question about application timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeroHeroL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My mcat is on june 16 and the scores are released July 18. If my application + LOR are ready by Mid june and I submit without my MCAT score, would it lower my chances by waiting for my score to return? How does app verification work and do you need the mcat score for that?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My mcat is on june 16 and the scores are released July 18. If my application + LOR are ready by Mid june and I submit without my MCAT score, would it lower my chances by waiting for my score to return? How does app verification work and do you need the mcat score for that?

Thanks
Nah, you'll be fine. They don't even start reviewing apps until/after August.
Just submit as early as possible, so you can start sending in the automatically sent out secondaries.

I submitted my Primary in July 2016, took my MCAT in August and received my score in September. I received an onslaught of secondaries in Sept, but wrote my secondaries early. I was completed with most by late september, finished late October... I think it definitely hurt my chances, but it didn't keep me from getting interviews and acceptances! Several schools sent secondaries without having seen my MCAT score, and so the timing worked out well. I always recommend to people to have their score before they apply because you know what you have, it helps you make your school list, and it allows you to apply ASAP. Your timing however is much better than mine and I think you'll be fine as long as you do well on your MCAT!