Question about applications... disciplined for student conduct?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Simsimsimba

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm currently applying for MSBS programs and I have a question... When they ask for past disciplines for student conduct, conduct violations, disciplinary actions in college, etc how much do you need to disclose? I was written up quite a few times during my freshman year, however never formally placed on probation.

Members don't see this ad.

The official term is "Institutional Action"

AMCAS suggests that you contact the registrar of your university

Last edited:
You need to disclose them. You simply can't take the risk that some LOR writer might say, for example, "Simi has grown so much since the arson incident"

I've seen LORs like this and people have gotten rejected because they didn't mention them in the appropriate boxes on their apps.

Hello! I'm currently applying for MSBS programs and I have a question... When they ask for past disciplines for student conduct, conduct violations, disciplinary actions in college, etc how much do you need to disclose? I was written up quite a few times during my freshman year, however never formally placed on probation.