Question about applying to dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Legendary13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the situation:

I will be done with all of my pre-reqs for dental school at the end of my Junior year (Spring 2013). However, I will probably not have my degree (Finance) until the end of Fall 2014 or at the latest, Spring 2015.

My question is: Should I apply when I am done with all of my pre-reqs after my Junior year, or do I wait until I am completely done with my Finance degree in Spring 2015?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a solid DAT score and GPA, then go for it. I know a few friends who applied right after junior year because they had everything ready to go. Good luck!

If you have a solid DAT score and GPA, then go for it. I know a few friends who applied right after junior year because they had everything ready to go. Good luck!

While this is an option, make sure that in the event that you aren't able to finish your degree before dental school begins, you only apply to schools that don't require a bachelor's degree to matriculate.

Why rush it? I personally would wait to apply which will give you time to focus on school and keep your grades up. We have our whole lives to enter dental school I don't understand why you need to rush it. Just my thoughts though