Question about applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillybabe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently on three waitlists and may have to re-apply this year. I am also planning on taking August MCATs, in which case the schools have to wait for my August scores. Do you think it makes a difference if I apply June 18 or if I apply early in August after the waitlists are dealt with? Thanks. :( :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I would think since all the schools you will be applying to will have to wait for your MCAT scores anyway, you could wait till late July or August to apply again. That would be quite a bit of money to throw down the drain if you finally got off a waitlist between now and August. But, at the same time I would make sure that I had everything ready to send out to AMCAS for late July.

My question is, do you think you need to take the MCAT again in August? I completed my AMCAS file about August and I can say it really affects your chances of getting interviews unless you are a stellar applicant.

I agree with Ms. Croft. If you don't NEED to take the August MCAT, don't. I think the August MCAT really hurts an applicant's chances. I say get ready to reapply, but wait and see what happens. Three waitlists is not bad odds. Chances are that you'll get in, but be ready in case you don't. I feel your pain and hope that things work out for you.
:mad: