Apr 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello everybody.

I want to apply this summer and I know that applying sooner is better than later. I've taken my MCAT but didn't feel to confident about it and plan on taking another. I want to submit my app asap but my second MCAT test date isn't until July.

If I were to submit my application with my first MCAT score, but receive a better score the second time around, would med schools switch or accept the second MCAT score? Or would they only take the first one that was submitted?

Would it be better to hold off on submitting my application until I receive my second MCAT score?

Thanks!

Apr 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
You should definitely submit your application on the first day and indicate that ýou will be taking a future mcat in july. This is the best approach because by the time you receive your second mcat score in august, your application will be complete the day you receive it. If you wait until receiving your second score, it could take up to 6 weeks after you receive the score to be complete. The answer to your first question is...most schools will wait for the second score if the first score does not meet their standards; however, if your first score does meet their standards, they may offer you an interview before you even receive the second score.

Harassing

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2007
Status
Medical Student
where should the "intent to retake the mcat" go on the application? Personal statement?