1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

question about averaging test scores..

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by zebalong, Dec 11, 2008.

1. zebalong

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    About averaging test scores to tell whether or not you are ready for the MCAT... i figure most people mean averaging their AAMC test scores not the scores they are getting on diagnostics from specific companies.. TPR, TBR, Kaplan?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I average all of them together. Some prefer to average them separately and rank AAMC more. It depends on you.

I have learned from taking the MCAT twice that it looks and feels like the AAMCs but the difficulty is more like the prep companies.

My advice is take the average of "all" your practice scores and subtract 2 points off. If you like your score, then you should be safe and good to take the real MCAT.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

4. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I looked at several averages. No, I didn't actually sit down and calculate everything, I just roughly averaged the numbers.

Averages:
    1. Total Kaplan scores
    2. Total AAMC scores
    3. Combined Kaplan and AAMC (I mainly used this one)
    4. The three Kaplan section scores
    5. The three AAMC section scores
    6. The three individual section scores Kaplan and AAMC

Make sure that your section scores are not jumping around. For instance, you could get the same total score, but one time your PS is 13 and your BS 8. The next time your PS is 8 and your BS is 13.