question about averaging test scores..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zebalong

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
About averaging test scores to tell whether or not you are ready for the MCAT... i figure most people mean averaging their AAMC test scores not the scores they are getting on diagnostics from specific companies.. TPR, TBR, Kaplan?

Members don't see this ad.

About averaging test scores to tell whether or not you are ready for the MCAT... i figure most people mean averaging their AAMC test scores not the scores they are getting on diagnostics from specific companies.. TPR, TBR, Kaplan?

I average all of them together. Some prefer to average them separately and rank AAMC more. It depends on you.

I have learned from taking the MCAT twice that it looks and feels like the AAMCs but the difficulty is more like the prep companies.

My advice is take the average of "all" your practice scores and subtract 2 points off. If you like your score, then you should be safe and good to take the real MCAT.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I looked at several averages. No, I didn't actually sit down and calculate everything, I just roughly averaged the numbers.

Averages:
1. Total Kaplan scores
2. Total AAMC scores
3. Combined Kaplan and AAMC (I mainly used this one)
4. The three Kaplan section scores
5. The three AAMC section scores
6. The three individual section scores Kaplan and AAMC

Make sure that your section scores are not jumping around. For instance, you could get the same total score, but one time your PS is 13 and your BS 8. The next time your PS is 8 and your BS is 13.