Question about AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JA14R

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Can someone please answer my questions regarding AZCOM. I am been accepted to the school, but I have a few more questions that I would like to get cleared up.

One of the main things I am unclear about is the rotation process during the 3rd and 4th year. Do students choose where they want to do their rotation? Is each rotation in a different location? Are there any hospital rotations?

How long of a summer vacation do students get after their first year?

After the second year how much time do students have to prepare for COMLEX I /USMILE I?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can have as little or as much input for rotations as you'd like. You can opt to have the school arrange all your rotations, or you can arrange for them yourself. The clinical ed department has multiple binders of preceptors in/out of state that you can breeze through to read about others' experiences and comments.

You can do all your rotations in Phoenix. More and more hospital rotations have opened up to AZCOM student (which was once a sticky situation), but you can also arrange for rotations in various cities throughout the state and country

You have about 2-3 months off between 1-2 year. We had about 1-2 weeks to prepare for boards after 2nd year. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

mkmgal said:
You can have as little or as much input for rotations as you'd like. You can opt to have the school arrange all your rotations, or you can arrange for them yourself. The clinical ed department has multiple binders of preceptors in/out of state that you can breeze through to read about others' experiences and comments.

You can do all your rotations in Phoenix. More and more hospital rotations have opened up to AZCOM student (which was once a sticky situation), but you can also arrange for rotations in various cities throughout the state and country

You have about 2-3 months off between 1-2 year. We had about 1-2 weeks to prepare for boards after 2nd year. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Thanks for the info.

How would you rate your experience at AZCOM? What are the strengths and weaknesses?
I am deciding between AZCOM and MSUCOM. Both schools seem to have good programs. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks