Quantcast

Question about Carver College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc3909

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
On their secondary application, under part D, it asks if you consider yourself a resident of Iowa. Then it later asks you to list your activities in the past 3 years IF you consider yourself to be IS for Carver. Could anyone provide thoughts on this portion? I have lived in Iowa for over a year, my parents own a house here but I go to school and work in a different state. Would I still be considered IS without a degree or job in Iowa? My only Iowa experiences are through community service.

Thank you!

Dr.Sticks

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
On their secondary application, under part D, it asks if you consider yourself a resident of Iowa. Then it later asks you to list your activities in the past 3 years IF you consider yourself to be IS for Carver. Could anyone provide thoughts on this portion? I have lived in Iowa for over a year, my parents own a house here but I go to school and work in a different state. Would I still be considered IS without a degree or job in Iowa? My only Iowa experiences are through community service.

Thank you!

What state do you vote in, and have a drivers license in?
If in Iowa, you technically are a resident of the state of Iowa. (Based on legal guidelines)

futuredoc3909

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What state do you vote in, and have a drivers license in?
If in Iowa, you technically are a resident of the state of Iowa. (Based on legal guidelines)

I vote, have driver's license, car license plates, and home in Iowa. I live there full time. My college is in a different state 10 min away so I come back every night. I am hoping for a good case for the admissions/registrar. I love Carver haha!

I am nervous because of that question. 90% of my activities will not be Iowa simply because I work on campus and go to school in a neighboring state.

Dr.Sticks

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I vote, have driver's license, car license plates, and home in Iowa. I live there full time. My college is in a different state 10 min away so I come back every night. I am hoping for a good case for the admissions/registrar. I love Carver haha!

I am nervous because of that question. 90% of my activities will not be Iowa simply because I work on campus and go to school in a neighboring state.
By all intents and purposes you are an Iowa state resident
If you want to an Iowa public college you would get instate tuition.