Question about Chicago Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boyz of 4d

Proud Member of 4d
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend recently interviewed at Rush and said that they said that the average USMLE scores were highest at Rosalind Franklin than any of the other schools in chicago. Does anyone know if this is true/heard the same thing?

Members don't see this ad.

I find this hard to believe, but I don't have the numbers so I'm not much help here. I would guess NW or UC.

Yeah, I'm not trying to bash on those schools either, I found it hard to believe, but the kid is reliable, and I see no reason for RUSH to boast about some other schools USMLE score.

chopper said:
I find this hard to believe, but I don't have the numbers so I'm not much help here. I would guess NW or UC.

Members don't see this ad :)
boyz of 4d said:
My friend recently interviewed at Rush and said that they said that the average USMLE scores were highest at Rosalind Franklin than any of the other schools in chicago. Does anyone know if this is true/heard the same thing?

I never heard that, and it's definitely not true. i think Northwestern has that honor, with UChicago slightly behind.

Vfrank, Thanks for not being a dick (thats in response to the reply that she deleted saying that it was the worst med school in the country).

boyz of 4d said:
Vfrank, Thanks for not being a dick.

I apologize, that was bad form.

this proves that a 42 on the mcats doesnt always mean you know how to talk to people.

VFrank said:
I apologize, that was bad form.

VFrank said:
Finch is maybe the least prestigious medical school in the country. I doubt they have the highest USMLE scores ...

Seeing as though we dont have the numbers in front of us, I dont think we have a basis for saying that Finch students don't put up the highest scores on the USMLE despite the fact that it might seem unfathomable at first. Reputation usually does correlate with scores, so it makes sense to think that either NW or UC would lay claim to that distinction. However, if Finch has a more rigorous curriculum than the other schools with an emphasis geared towards preparation for the USMLE, it should certainly be plausable for Finch students to outscore their peers at the other Chicago schools. That being said, dont bash another med school.

boyz of 4d said:
this proves that a 42 on the mcats doesnt always mean you know how to talk to people.

Hey boyz, way to be ridiculously hyper-sensitive and whiney. I apologized for not thinking before I spoke -- what else do you want? And "MCAT" is not plural.

Like someone stated in the previous post, there is no reason why Rush should be bragging about another school's stats.
Info is correct.
Reason: The 2 authors of the book that almost all schools use to prepare their students for the USMLE teach at Rosalind Franklin.

Instead of throwing out random guesses based on the school's prestige, do your research!

You can't judge the quality of a school based on a 7 hour test. That being said, all US medical schools are good. Some better than others but there shouldnt be any bashing go on.

I think U Chicago>NW>Rush>RF. But RF is still a good school That's just my personal preference.

blump said:
I think U Chicago>NW>Rush>RF. But RF is still a good school That's just my personal preference.

I am applying to Loyola.....where would you say they fit into this equation? I don't know much about how good this school is.....

Just wondering....thanks

boyz of 4d said:
Vfrank, Thanks for not being a dick (thats in response to the reply that she deleted saying that it was the worst med school in the country).

Did I say worst? No. I said least-prestigious. Stop over-reacting

sjashark said:
I am applying to Loyola.....where would you say they fit into this equation? I don't know much about how good this school is.....

Just wondering....thanks

Loyola is a great school -- I have a couple friends who attend/were accepted there and they love it. They have a non-traditional curriculum which I like and the facilities are awesome. It's a little pricey ...

sjashark said:

Just wondering....thanks

Bear in mind this is just my opinion. I think Loyola would be considered equivalent to Rush or slightly less prestigious. I say this because Rush Hospitals are very well respected and right downtown whereras Loyola is not downtown. It is still a good school though, and they have the BEST GYM in the whole country

blump said:
Bear in mind this is just my opinion. I think Loyola would be considered equivalent to Rush or slightly less prestigious. I say this because Rush Hospitals are very well respected and right downtown whereras Loyola is not downtown. It is still a good school though

Loyola isn't downtown, but it's still considered an urban hospital, if that's something you're looking for.

Tkehinde said:
Like someone stated in the previous post, there is no reason why Rush should be bragging about another school's stats.
Info is correct.
Reason: The 2 authors of the book that almost all schools use to prepare their students for the USMLE teach at Rosalind Franklin.

Instead of throwing out random guesses based on the school's prestige, do your research!

No offense, but I don't think the reason you provided necessarily makes the info correct.

VFrank said:
Loyola is a great school -- I have a couple friends who attend/were accepted there and they love it. They have a non-traditional curriculum which I like and the facilities are awesome. It's a little pricey ...

thanks for the info guys....good to know.

I interviewed at loyola, facility wise it was the nicest school I interviewed at (I had 9 Intervies). Also, the kids seemed very happy there.

sjashark said:
thanks for the info guys....good to know.

maygirl said:
No offense, but I don't think the reason you provided necessarily makes the info correct.

Doesn't make the info correct but has ALOT to do with WHY the info is correct.