Question about community college credit..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iqe2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking classes at a community college this summer, but the grades won't transfer to my school, only if it's a pass or fail. So the grades I make at the community college won't affect my GPA at my school, is this the case for medical school? Im not sure how transfer courses look on my transcript, will I have to send in an additional transcript from the community college?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking classes at a community college this summer, but the grades won't transfer to my school, only if it's a pass or fail. So the grades I make at the community college won't affect my GPA at my school, is this the case for medical school? Im not sure how transfer courses look on my transcript, will I have to send in an additional transcript from the community college?

All college-level courses must be reported to AMCAS with their original credits and grades, regardless of whether transfer credits were issued or not. That means that they will factor into the GPA seen by medical schools. Yes, you will need to send in an additional transcript.

All college-level courses must be reported to AMCAS with their original credits and grades, regardless of whether transfer credits were issued or not. That means that they will factor into the GPA seen by medical schools. Yes, you will need to send in an additional transcript.

Thanks so much. I'm assuming that this is the same case for TMDSAS?