Question about considering volunteering clinical/non-clinical?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aseyf13

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of experience volunteering with a foundation that provides financial aid to families who have a family member undergoing cancer treatment. I'm just not sure where this fits in. It is "patient contact" in the sense that I am in contact with those undergoing cancer treatment but its not "clinical" in the sense that my experience is in an office setting or at events. What would you consider this/is there any guidelines that would help me decide?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a lot of experience volunteering with a foundation that provides financial aid to families who have a family member undergoing cancer treatment. I'm just not sure where this fits in. It is "patient contact" in the sense that I am in contact with those undergoing cancer treatment but its not "clinical" in the sense that my experience is in an office setting or at events. What would you consider this/is there any guidelines that would help me decide?
-Do you have face-to-face contact with family members, clients, current patients, or do you designate them with a different term?
-Are you involved more with philanthropy efforts, with interviewing and getting background information, or what?
-What is the nature of your conversation? Are you discussing their medical status and treatment or their financial difficulties?