chewsnuffles

is a series of tubes
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
456
1
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Medical
OK, it is a pretty personal question, but I wanted to know what I should do.
I have just finished some courses abroad, got a 4.0, have my transcript good to go, but I already submitted AMCAS primaries. w/o the new grades (they take final tests later in the summer), Before the new grades I have a 2.8, with them I am past a 3
Should I call each office that has yet to give me a secondary and tell them I am submitting updated grades with my secondary so I don't get rejected pre-secondary? (assuming the new grades would even make a difference, but I think some schools have a 3.0 cutoff...)
All the schools I applied to are lower down as far as stats go...
 

defrunner

I'm Greased Up
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2006
339
1
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't know myself, but maybe if you put down those courses on the AMCAS as courses that you're "currently" taking, then maybe that will be taken into consideration. But I doubt that it'll have much of an effect pre-secondary, no matter what you do. Not like you're the only one taking summer classes during the application cycle, but maybe those taking the summer classes can help out a little more than I can.

You do have a borderline cutoff GPA, so all I can say is I wish you the best of luck, even though its for selfish reasons, hehe. I feel your pain.
 

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
1,589
2
35
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Are you applying to a lot of schools that screen? Most don't.
 
About the Ads
OP
chewsnuffles

chewsnuffles

is a series of tubes
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
456
1
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Medical
check the md app, I don't think i have to many, worried abit about chicago stritch
 

defrunner

I'm Greased Up
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2006
339
1
Status
Pre-Medical
chewsnuffles said:
check the md app, I don't think i have to many, worried abit about chicago stritch
I heard Loyola looks over the entire application instead of being purely numbers-based, which is one of the reasons why I applied myself. So, hopefully that's true.
 

Primo

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2005
54
0
Status
I'm a bit similar. I have a 3.21 BCPM, but by the end of the summer I'll have a 3.29. I talked to the dean of admissions at my state school and he said to e-mail him once I've finished the classes, and that they would take the new grades into consideration. I don't know if they'll really count them...but hopefully it will at least be a little boost.
 
OP
chewsnuffles

chewsnuffles

is a series of tubes
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
456
1
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Medical
Primo said:
I'm a bit similar. I have a 3.21 BCPM, but by the end of the summer I'll have a 3.29. I talked to the dean of admissions at my state school and he said to e-mail him once I've finished the classes, and that they would take the new grades into consideration. I don't know if they'll really count them...but hopefully it will at least be a little boost.
E-mail or submit with like interfolio, perhaps along with LOR's???
 

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
1,589
2
35
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
defrunner said:
I heard Loyola looks over the entire application instead of being purely numbers-based, which is one of the reasons why I applied myself. So, hopefully that's true.
Yeah, that's true. I got into their MAMS program, so I talked alot with the directors there and they said that they focus on the whole applicant.
 

starflower

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
70
0
Status
Pre-Medical
I would get in touch with each school and tell them about the update. You don't want to take any chances.
 

defrunner

I'm Greased Up
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2006
339
1
Status
Pre-Medical
chaeymaey said:
Yeah, that's true. I got into their MAMS program, so I talked alot with the directors there and they said that they focus on the whole applicant.
Cool, thanks for backing me up. By the way, chaeymaey, that girl you have in the picture below your name is really hot. No idea who it is, but you have good taste.
 
About the Ads