1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Question about contacting Admissions offices

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chewsnuffles, Jul 28, 2006.

1. chewsnuffles

chewsnuffles is a series of tubes
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    OK, it is a pretty personal question, but I wanted to know what I should do.
    I have just finished some courses abroad, got a 4.0, have my transcript good to go, but I already submitted AMCAS primaries. w/o the new grades (they take final tests later in the summer), Before the new grades I have a 2.8, with them I am past a 3
    Should I call each office that has yet to give me a secondary and tell them I am submitting updated grades with my secondary so I don't get rejected pre-secondary? (assuming the new grades would even make a difference, but I think some schools have a 3.0 cutoff...)
    All the schools I applied to are lower down as far as stats go...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. defrunner

defrunner I'm Greased Up
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I don't know myself, but maybe if you put down those courses on the AMCAS as courses that you're "currently" taking, then maybe that will be taken into consideration. But I doubt that it'll have much of an effect pre-secondary, no matter what you do. Not like you're the only one taking summer classes during the application cycle, but maybe those taking the summer classes can help out a little more than I can.

You do have a borderline cutoff GPA, so all I can say is I wish you the best of luck, even though its for selfish reasons, hehe. I feel your pain.

4. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Are you applying to a lot of schools that screen? Most don't.

5. chewsnuffles

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    check the md app, I don't think i have to many, worried abit about chicago stritch

6. defrunner

defrunner I'm Greased Up
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I heard Loyola looks over the entire application instead of being purely numbers-based, which is one of the reasons why I applied myself. So, hopefully that's true.

7. Primo

Primo Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm a bit similar. I have a 3.21 BCPM, but by the end of the summer I'll have a 3.29. I talked to the dean of admissions at my state school and he said to e-mail him once I've finished the classes, and that they would take the new grades into consideration. I don't know if they'll really count them...but hopefully it will at least be a little boost.

8. chewsnuffles

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    E-mail or submit with like interfolio, perhaps along with LOR's???

9. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Yeah, that's true. I got into their MAMS program, so I talked alot with the directors there and they said that they focus on the whole applicant.

10. starflower

starflower Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would get in touch with each school and tell them about the update. You don't want to take any chances.

11. defrunner

defrunner I'm Greased Up
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Cool, thanks for backing me up. By the way, chaeymaey, that girl you have in the picture below your name is really hot. No idea who it is, but you have good taste.