• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Question about conveying other acceptances to WL schools

merk33

Apr 28, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm on the WL at my top choice and have been in contact with the Dean of Admissions. He asked me which other school has offered me an acceptance. It is lower tier when compared to my top choice but I told him anyways. Does him asking this question carry any significance and does my other acceptance harm my chance of being pulled from the WL?

KnightDoc

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm on the WL at my top choice and have been in contact with the Dean of Admissions. He asked me which other school has offered me an acceptance. It is lower tier when compared to my top choice but I told him anyways. Does him asking this question carry any significance and does my other acceptance harm my chance of being pulled from the WL?
It certainly carries some significance, because he bothered to ask! What it means only he can answer. You can interpret it two ways. Either he thinks he has a good chance to get you because he is higher tier, or he thinks less of you because the A school is lower tier, and he'd rather give an A to someone who doesn't have one, where they are less likely to ask for anything before committing (money!). My advice is to hang in there because you are definitely going to be a MD, and still have a chance to get into your top choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

merk33

Apr 28, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
It certainly carries some significance, because he bothered to ask! What it means only he can answer. You can interpret it two ways. Either he thinks he has a good chance to get you because he is higher tier, or the thinks less of you because the A school is lower tier, and he'd rather give an A to someone who doesn't have one, where they are less likely to ask for anything before committing (money!). My advice is to hang in there because you are definitely going to be a MD, and still have a chance to get into your top choice.
Much appreciated! Really keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.