Question about CV etiquette (conference related)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

traxxradiorocks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say that you have made a poster and it has been accepted in several different conferences (both regional and national ones).
Do you have to list all the conferences on your CV?

Members don't see this ad.

you don't "have" to list anything. If you want to, go ahead. Just don't have a 10pg CV...

Let's say that you have made a poster and it has been accepted in several different conferences (both regional and national ones).
Do you have to list all the conferences on your CV?

I would only list conferences the poster was actually presented at, not accepted. I'm not sure it's legit to present the same poster at multiple conferences, so I would be careful if that is what you did. Might want to run this all by your PI who knows the project and the proper etiquette.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hate to hijack the OP's thread, but do people typically list conference abstract if they are not the first author (I will be the 3rd author)?

Hate to hijack the OP's thread, but do people typically list conference abstract if they are not the first author (I will be the 3rd author)?

You did the work. You should list it. I created different sections on my CV: "Publications" (for journals), "Presentations" (for conferences), and if I ever write a book chapter, then "Chapters."