Question about D’Youville College . Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerforever

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a new member in this site, I have B.S. degree. My major is Kinesiology. I applied to MOT in DYC in New York ,Buffalo. my GPA 3.00. Do you think they will accept me to the program with this GPA for the next semester 2012? Also. Please provide me with some inf. about DYC.
Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wish people would read all the threads and stuff before starting a new thread. There is other posts about D'Youville. To give you some advice, talk to the school! Also, contacting the school CAN HELP your admit chances!

Does it really matter if someone starts their own thread? It's really not that big of a deal...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi soccerforever.

DYC received all my transcripts and letters of recommendations 3 weeks ago. I called them the other day and they said they're running a little behind. They said I should call back at the end of the month. my stats is 3.2 cumulative and 3.8 prereq.

My best advice to you is to just apply, especially because there is no application fee. The application process is also very simple. You only need to send them your transcripts and 2 letters of recommendation.

Do it asap because class was full in January or February! Good luck!

Hey BruinOt, do you happen to know how many students they accept per year to the program? I have also applied and im waiting for a response.

I also applied to D'Youville for Fall 2012, but I just need to send them one more reference letter. The only problem is it seems very expensive to me as it is a private school. Do any of you know of any financial aid options they have other than the dreaded LOANS ugh!! The program ends up costing like 70 grand.

cOTgirl,

All I know of the program is what I read on this forum and DYC's website. Search D'youville in the search tab.

When did you submit your app? Did a counselor called you to confirm that they have all your documents?

@BruinOT
I know they should have received them on 11/03/11 but I have not received a call from anybody besides an email on 11/12 in regards to financial aid options but i am sure thats sent to everybody that applied lol. Did u receive a call? Man I better check on it then because if they usually call the applicant then thats a bad sign lol

@ginaw623
I believe they have a few scholarships for graduate students. But im sure im def going to have to get some loans because the program is expensive! The best thing to do is talk to a financia aid counselor to get more info

My counselor called me on 11/4 and said I can expect an answer in a week. So much for that.

I didn't receive anything regarding financial aid though. :(

Well I didnt get a call :( I guess I am going to call or email them tomorrow to follow up on it and make sure they receive my trancripts and letters..

Hey Guys,
I called the admissions office, and I asked them if they have many applicants, they said they do not have few applicants. I still have not heard any from them yet.
Good luck guys.

Hey Guys,
I called the admissions office, and I asked them if they have many applicants, they said they do not have few applicants. I still have not heard any from them yet.
Good luck guys.

Hey soccerforever! When did u call them? So you are stating they said they dont have that many applicants? Or they do have many?
Good luck everybody! And you should totally apply if you havent yet. :)

Hey everyone,

I was accepted into D'Youville's program. I submitted my application in mid September and heard from them during the first week of October. They simply called me and left a voicemail letting me know of my acceptance. They soon after mail you a letter confirming it and asking for a $300.00 deposit. I called one time after I submitted my application to make sure they received my transcripts and that they had everything they needed in to them. I just wanted to give everyone a description so you had an idea of what to look for!

Good luck!

My stats=3.235 cumulative
Prereq=3.4
Kinesiology major
60 volunteer hours

I am from buffalo and I did my volunteer hours with a bunch of people who graduated from D'Youville. The consensus was that they were able to work about 20 hours per week while attending classes there and in order to pay for the MSOT they took an average of 86k student loans out. No one had taken less than 80k. It's 3 entire years long and like 770 a credit hour.