Question about English pre-req.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigEast55

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have to take all my pre-reqs before I apply, because I would really perfer to take an english class my senior year where i dont have to worry about the grade mostly because I hate english a lot and it seems like every teacher i have ever had just hates the opinions I take. Or do I have to take all the pre-reqs before I apply?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it's dependent on the school. Most schools require that the prerequisites be completed by the time you matriculate, although I have seen a couple that state all of the courses need to be completed by January of the year of matriculation.

You'll be able to find more information from school websites or probably in the MSAR.

that's a very good question...im wondering the same thing myself. My instinct tells me what they'd let you apply as long as the pre-req will be fulfilled before you matriculate, but I'm nowhere near certain.

The earliest dates I've seen for having to have the prereqs completed is by January. That would mean that as long as you took it first semester, you'd be safe.