Question about eras application regarding extension/interruption of medical training.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctrstrange

Reaction score
Was your medical education/training extended or interrupted?

This is the question i need some help on.
Some back story about me:
I am a US IMG who did my med school in India. I joined med school in 2010 and finished med school in 2015 and my 1 year of internship started in 2015 and ended in 2016 ( novemberish). Then i moved back to the US, but before this i got an official extension of my internship in India from my dean so i could pursue electives and rotations on the US to boost my application for residency (as i cannot do electives if i graduate in India hence the extension) . I did 4 months of electives and the rest of the time i was observing doctors at their private clinics and helping them with typing up patient notes etc. And while doing all of the above i simultaneously was preparing for and gave my step 1 and cs ( currently preparing for CK). I will go back to India this august finish my internship thus finally finishing med school back in India for good.

Could anyone with knowledge on how to address this issue please help me? How exactly would i answer the question? Was my medical education/training interrupted? I am pretty confused here.

Members don't see this ad.

Was your medical education/training extended or interrupted?

This is the question i need some help on.
Some back story about me:
I am a US IMG who did my med school in India. I joined med school in 2010 and finished med school in 2015 and my 1 year of internship started in 2015 and ended in 2016 ( novemberish). Then i moved back to the US, but before this i got an official extension of my internship in India from my dean so i could pursue electives and rotations on the US to boost my application for residency (as i cannot do electives if i graduate in India hence the extension) . I did 4 months of electives and the rest of the time i was observing doctors at their private clinics and helping them with typing up patient notes etc. And while doing all of the above i simultaneously was preparing for and gave my step 1 and cs ( currently preparing for CK). I will go back to India this august finish my internship thus finally finishing med school back in India for good.

Could anyone with knowledge on how to address this issue please help me? How exactly would i answer the question? Was my medical education/training interrupted? I am pretty confused here.
Yes it was. You explained why above, use that.