Question about fees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Messerschmitts

Mythic Dawn acolyte
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry for asking this inane question, but in regards to the money that medical schools ask you to put down to reserve your spot, do they refund you that money if you decide not to matriculate at that school later on?

Members don't see this ad.

Messerschmitts said:
Hi guys, sorry for asking this inane question, but in regards to the money that medical schools ask you to put down to reserve your spot, do they refund you that money if you decide not to matriculate at that school later on?
I can't answer for all schools, but I know Ohio State does not refund the money. Of course it's only $25...

Messerschmitts said:
The best answer I can give is check MSAR, they have this listed for all the schools...hope it helps :)

Members don't see this ad :)
DesiMcatAcer said:
The best answer I can give is check MSAR, they have this listed for all the schools...hope it helps :)

yeah, the MSAR lists the cost of each deposit, and when it is refundable until. that should also be listed somewhere in your acceptance package wherever it tells you about the deposit.

looking through the MSAR, it looks like just about every school that requires a deposit asks about $100 and will refund it up until May 15

angietron3000 said:
I can't answer for all schools, but I know Ohio State does not refund the money. Of course it's only $25...

lol--it's so funny how $25 seems like nothing to me anymore....it has to be like $300 before i'm like "wow--that's a little 'spensive!"