Question about future MCAT scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringDoc422

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that it’s still early but I’m planning my schedule for the next few semesters and I want to make sure it’s reasonable. All of my classes should be finished after Fall 2021, I hope to take the MCAT after I graduate around May 2022 after studying during the Spring and start applying that Summer, and in the best case scenario start Medical School Fall 2023. Does this seem like a reasonable plan? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same situation as you. I am planning on taking the MCAT in the winter of 2021 or spring of 2022 at the latest. Reason for this is that the primary and secondary applications take a lot of time and effort to perfect. Taking it at one of those times allows me to focus all my time on the MCAT, then focus the time after on the primary and pre-writing secondaries. Just my 2 cents.

I know that it’s still early but I’m planning my schedule for the next few semesters and I want to make sure it’s reasonable. All of my classes should be finished after Fall 2021, I hope to take the MCAT after I graduate around May 2022 after studying during the Spring and start applying that Summer, and in the best case scenario start Medical School Fall 2023. Does this seem like a reasonable plan? Thanks
I would recommend an MCAT end of March 2022. That way you have your results back before the Application opens and you can use April/May to work on primary.

The reason being that 5 months of studying will not yield you any better results than just 3 months. In fact, at 5 months you will likely do worse due to burn out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend an MCAT end of March 2022. That way you have your results back before the Application opens and you can use April/May to work on primary.

The reason being that 5 months of studying will not yield you any better results than just 3 months. In fact, at 5 months you will likely do worse due to burn out.
Eh I studied full time (30 hours a week with a full-time job) for 6 months then 15 hours a week 3 months and still got 95th percentile. Took a 2 week break in the middle but never felt burnout. Just kept it fresh with anki and Uworld

Reactions: 1 user
Eh I studied full time (30 hours a week with a full-time job) for 6 months then 15 hours a week 3 months and still got 95th percentile. Took a 2 week break in the middle but never felt burnout. Just kept it fresh with anki and Uworld
Right on. I studied like 10 hours a week to avoid burnout and focus on family and school for 6 months and got 99th %tile. To each their own!

Right on. I studied like 10 hours a week to avoid burnout and focus on family and school for 6 months and got 99th %tile. To each their own!

Looks like you studied effectively, any MCAT study tips for the future? Are you applying this cycle? Good luck