Question about GMO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VCode

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked a million times before. I apologize, but if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.
I am Army HPSP, currently applying for PM and R. It's highly competitive in the army, and I"m pretty sure I could get a civilian residency given that the civilian world isn't as competitive and my resume is pretty good (not earth-shattering, but good). My question is, if I get rejected to Army PM and R (which is a good possibility), what are my odds of being forced to be a GMO rather than getting a civilian deferrment?
Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

VCode said:
I know this has probably been asked a million times before. I apologize, but if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.
I am Army HPSP, currently applying for PM and R. It's highly competitive in the army, and I"m pretty sure I could get a civilian residency given that the civilian world isn't as competitive and my resume is pretty good (not earth-shattering, but good). My question is, if I get rejected to Army PM and R (which is a good possibility), what are my odds of being forced to be a GMO rather than getting a civilian deferrment?
Thanks for the help!

If you believe what the colonel in charge of army fygme has been saying, then you'll automatically be given a deferrment. Although, many of us are a little skeptical of her claim, especially since she has been known to sugar coat things in the past. She has been very vocal about it though, so it would also be surprising if she went back on her word this year.