1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

General Admissions & OTCAS Question about GRE scores

Discussion in 'Occupational Therapy [ O.T.D ]' started by OTHopeful2015, Aug 4, 2015.

1. OTHopeful2015

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Hello! Once my last evaluator submits their reference, I am done with my OTCAS application, but I'm not taking my GRE until the end of the month. I was told by an admissions counselor at one of the programs I am applying to that I can submit my application to be processed without my scores and then submit them after, but I've heard differently from people who were unable to edit their scores after submitting. Does anyone have any insight? Thank you!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cb31

2+ Year Member

Pre-Occupational Therapy
    Once you submit you cannot go back and put your scores into OTCAS (even during the academic update... unless things have changed with OTCAS new website). BUT most schools don't really care about the scores on OTCAS because they only go off of the official GRE scores and obviously you putting the scores into OTCAS isn't official. You should contact all the schools you are applying to and ask if it's okay if they aren't on OTCAS and you just submit the scores directly to them.

4. deejayy

2+ Year Member

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    I think there are new changes to OTCAS new website which allow you to do so

5. CAOT

Do evaluators have to submit their references before we can finish/pay the OTCAS app? I thought we just had to populate that field?
    Hoping to get verified before the busy season, lol!

6. CaliKnitter

2+ Year Member

Occupational Therapy Student
    No, you don't have to wait on your references to submit before you finish/pay.

And for your peace of mind, they update that "date verified" very infrequently.

CAOT likes this.
  7. CAOT

Thank you; you have all been so helpful!