question about hospital volunteer hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petlee1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
would it be better(good enough) to keep doing 2-4 hrs/wk for 2 years and 2 summers or do 4 hr/wk during 1st summer, 2 hr/wk during 2 years of school, 21/hr wk during 2nd summer for the sake of getting in more hours?

Members don't see this ad.

would it be better(good enough) to keep doing 2-4 hrs/wk for 2 years and 2 summers or do 4 hr/wk during 1st summer, 2 hr/wk during 2 years of school, 21/hr wk during 2nd summer for the sake of getting in more hours?

Number of hours doesn't matter. It's the experiences you get while doing it.

That being said... 21 hr/week is sort of crazy. Do 4 hours/week... continuity is key.

Agreed with the previous post. The number of hours does not matter. I volunteer for the neurological rehabilitation unit on the weekends from 10-5. For the most part I spend the time with the RN's hearing about their life and occasionally help out with therapy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I hate these questions. There is no "enough" hours. As said above, quality over quantity. What you do and what you put in is what matters.

One must remember, volunteering is not only a learning experience, but altruistic as well.