Question about How MSAR Arrives at MCAT Statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abstractions

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When looking at a school in MSAR, they provide a school's 10th percentile, median, and 90th percentile for accepted (not matriculated) applicants. How does the MSAR account for accepted individuals who take multiple MCAT tests?

E.g. Student A takes the MCAT twice; scoring a 25 the first time and a 40 the second time. They get accepted to School B and are included in the following years MSAR's data. Does the MSAR MCAT data include every test taken by accepted applicants (in this case Student A's MCAT Average is 32.5), the most recent exam, or only the highest exam?

If I had to guess I'd bet MSAR MCAT statistics use either the most recent or highest exam, but I was wondering if anyone had more knowledge. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When looking at a school in MSAR, they provide a school's 10th percentile, median, and 90th percentile for accepted (not matriculated) applicants. How does the MSAR account for accepted individuals who take multiple MCAT tests?

E.g. Student A takes the MCAT twice; scoring a 25 the first time and a 40 the second time. They get accepted to School B and are included in the following years MSAR's data. Does the MSAR MCAT data include every test taken by accepted applicants (in this case Student A's MCAT Average is 32.5), the most recent exam, or only the highest exam?

If I had to guess I'd bet MSAR MCAT statistics use either the most recent or highest exam, but I was wondering if anyone had more knowledge. Thanks.
great question i'd also like to know.

As I recall, sector9 called a few years ago and asked. He was told that it's the most recent that is used for MSAR stats and he included that information in his WAMC "Success rate for those who applied with your cGPA and MCAT" sticky.