Question about how to approach med school interviews (from a pre-med)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daredevil

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I will be having my very first interview THIS Wednesday (11/14) at SUNY-Brooklyn (Downstate), and of course, I'm REALLY anxious and nervous about it. Do you guys have any last minute tips as to how to prepare for the interview in general or to SUNY-Downstate in particular?
You guys are the best.

DD with sweaty palms just by thinking about the interview.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

The first rule of any interview is BE YOURSELF. Don't try to tell the interviewer what you think you want them to hear (within reason). For example, if the interviewer asks you why you liked college, talk about the art class you took, etc. However, it might be unwise for you to wax poetic about the great weed available at eminently reasonable prices from the guy who lived in your freshman quad.

Another tip is to do your homework about the school you're going to visit. Read their brochure, and check around on the internet to get the basics down so that you have a chance to think about the place a bit and perhaps ask some worthwhile questions of the interviewer.

Some other basics-- make good eye contact, smile, don't be afraid to be honest.

Good luck!