Question about how to include volunteering on application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitch8017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have worked with the special olympics consistently over the past couple years to the tune of about 80 hours, so of course I will include that. However, my question comes with a lot of little individual things I help out with. Out Honors program has a newsletter and some other ways of advertising places that need some help. It is things like 3 hours helping set up a play, a couple hours raking leaves, and so on. I have about over a dozen of these kinds of things totally about 50 hours, do I include all these little individual things or how does this work? Also, I will work another 25 hours minimum with the special olympics after submitting an app, do I include this anywhere and if so, how do I differentiate this from things I have already done?

Members don't see this ad.

I have worked with the special olympics consistently over the past couple years to the tune of about 80 hours, so of course I will include that. However, my question comes with a lot of little individual things I help out with. Out Honors program has a newsletter and some other ways of advertising places that need some help. It is things like 3 hours helping set up a play, a couple hours raking leaves, and so on. I have about over a dozen of these kinds of things totally about 50 hours, do I include all these little individual things or how does this work? Also, I will work another 25 hours minimum with the special olympics after submitting an app, do I include this anywhere and if so, how do I differentiate this from things I have already done?
Title your entry: "Community-wide volunteer experiences" or something similar. Explain the nature of a few of these experiences and describe the impact they had or why you took part in them. Put in 50 total hours.

For the special Olympics: you can put a future date in the header that asks for duration of activity. You can then mention in your description that you plan on spending another ~25 hours in the future to help with ____.