question about interview timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

saiyagirl

hey guys,
quick question. about how long after your file is complete do most schools request interviews? (like, what is the average amt of time?)

thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

2.43 months

i'm not really sure. i know some schools say they will get back to you within 6-8 weeks. whether or not this is true is a different story.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well...I've been keeping statistics on this, actually. It's 1.93 months. Silly jalby... ;)

hey!
after waiting 4-6 weeks for most of my schools and not hearing anything, i called them. Pretty much what they said was - "we're interviewing until april, so you'll hear something between now and then" I feel like they should have some time frame, but what i think doesn't really count.

I dont think there really is an average time for every school. some schools are faster than others, and sometimes all you can do is wait.

An average time would not really tell you anything anyway, just like stats don't really predict anything. A lot of schools interview the better prospects (not necessarily just based on stats!) first, so the length of time your file's been complete is meaningless unless you think you're one of their very top candidates. Patience, kiddies, patience. :)

varies by a lot. the earliest i ever heard was 2-3 days (someone else). the early ones for me have been averaging about 2 weeks. i haven't heard from anyone else.

I was complete at Einstein on 9/24 (they sent me an email) and they sent me an invite on 9/26 (sent me another email).

I was complete at Georgetown on 9/19 and received the snail mail interview invite on 10/1.

I was at OHSU last weekend and they said they haven't even put together the interview packet mailers. I'd imagine they'll be late late late.

Admissions at Temple said that they're swamped and really behind on reviewing.

I'm trying to be patient. Trying.:)