question about israeli med school stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovescrubs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not to be a pain but I was hoping to find a little inspiration out there. I have just applied to all 3 Israeli schools (BGU, Sackler, and Technion) and was trying to find out what my chances were. I have an overall gpa of 3.40 and science of 3.35, with an MCAT of 30 overall. Anybody here get into these schools with these or similar stats? My gpa is worrying me the most so anyone with these (or around these) scores who got in to any of these fine schools? Any info would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

You stand a great chance--both in the US and Israel.

eh not so sure about that, i feel like it might be a 50/50 shot here, and it seems like more schools put more emphasis on the gpa than the mcat, though I guess that depends where you apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
eh not so sure about that, i feel like it might be a 50/50 shot here, and it seems like more schools put more emphasis on the gpa than the mcat, though I guess that depends where you apply.

actually, most schools in the states place more emphasis on MCAT (as it has to do with their stats/rankings/etc) which probably shouldn't be the case, but it's the only standardized predicator they have... a 3.4 and a 30 should have probably gotten you into Sackler in the past, but like everywhere else, each year it gets more and more competitive, so i won't try to get your hopes up

Hi,

i am a third year here at BGU. Our stats for last years class are 3.5/29 MCAT and it is getting harder each year. Our school also really wants to see a demonstrated interest in intl. health. I would say that it is almost as important as good scores to get in here.

Last edited:
I got into Sackler with a lower GPA. So I wouldn't worry about that, per se. My MCAT was alot higher, but yours is fine. Probably close to the average. Overall, I think you should be competitive. Just take your time with the application and try to give the impression that you really want to go.

Last edited:
I was accepted to BGU and offered an interview at Technion. I turned them down to go to Sackler. It was Sackler's residency match list that made be decide I'd be going to Tel Aviv.

Last edited: