1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question about letter of recc

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by resilience123, Jan 11, 2019.

1. resilience123

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I may be overthinking this. Is a letter of recommendation that is cosigned by a physician and by your supervisor, still considered an official letter of recc from a physician?

Context:
    I have worked alongside my supervisor and the physician, but am closest to the supervisor. Would it better to have the letter be cosigned by both or solely signed by the physician.
    The physician wrote: "Given how closely you worked with him, it might be best to have him draft a letter outlining your strengths and I could either sign that or cosign it (sometimes they look at how closely the writer knows the applicant, how much time they spent together, etc. ) Whatever you think is best."

2. The Nibbler

The Nibbler SDN Bronze Donor
    Bronze Donor Verified Account

Medical Student
    You need to have a letter directly from a physician.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PapaGuava

PapaGuava All Things Must Pass
    Moderator Bronze Donor Verified Expert Verified Account 5+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I would say just have the physician sign it, especially since he offered to do it anyways. As long as you can speak on your shadowing experience with the physician. It would also avoid any confusion later on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...