Question about LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Graham5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before but I have a question about LOR. I am a sophomore right now and won't be applying until my Junior year and I had a great relationship with my physics teacher last semester and I want to ask him now if he would write a recommendation for me. I want to ask him now because I won't have him again but how do LOR work? Like does the teacher send them directly to AMCAS or does he give it to me to send to AMCAS in a year when I apply? If they do send it directly to AMCAS what happens if I don't have one set up because I'm not applying yet?

Thank you to anyone that can help me! It's greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Get an interfolio account. Have your professor send your letter there, and make sure you mark that it's a confidential letter. Then when you apply, you can send your interfolio packet directly to AMCAS.

Do not have him give it to you, because that's not a confidential letter and it will raise flags. And if he tries to send it to AMCAS before you have an application open, it'll end up in the trash, gone forever.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry if this has been posted before but I have a question about LOR. I am a sophomore right now and won't be applying until my Junior year and I had a great relationship with my physics teacher last semester and I want to ask him now if he would write a recommendation for me. I want to ask him now because I won't have him again but how do LOR work? Like does the teacher send them directly to AMCAS or does he give it to me to send to AMCAS in a year when I apply? If they do send it directly to AMCAS what happens if I don't have one set up because I'm not applying yet?

Thank you to anyone that can help me! It's greatly appreciated.
listen to whatmvenus said. have him upload it to infertolio and when you apply, you sent it to AMCAS from there