Question about LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbs152

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am applying for the 2007 class and I'm currently getting my rec letters together. Do I submit these letters with my AMCAS or do I send them out individually with each secondary I do?

One letter is from my academic advisor and he said I need them with my AMCAS, but most med school info pages I looked at said to submit them with the secondaries. (I already get the irony of my premed advisor not knowing the dates of something this important, so don't point that out!)

Members don't see this ad.

the short answer is no, you don't submit your LORs to AMCAS. you will either have your recommenders send each letter to each school where you submit a secondary, or you will have them send each letter to your undergrad's pre-med office, who will send the letters to the schools to which you're applying (either individually or as part of a pre-med committee packet). they should easily be able to tell you, in general terms, which is the case.