Question About MCAT Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phizz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post so hello to all you guys.

Anyway, I've just finished my sophmore year and have taken, chem, bio, and orgo and have done pretty well in all of them. I plan to begin self-study MCAT prep this summer with EK comprehensive review for the April MCAT. Now, I haven't taken physics yet (other than in high school). Should I begin prep without taking physics? Should I just skip the physics problems when I take my first practice test?

Also, if I take the april MCAT I won't have the last month of physics II under my belt. Is this a problem.

Thanks,

-Phizz

Members don't see this ad.

phizz said:
Hey guys,

This is my first post so hello to all you guys.

Anyway, I've just finished my sophmore year and have taken, chem, bio, and orgo and have done pretty well in all of them. I plan to begin self-study MCAT prep this summer with EK comprehensive review for the April MCAT. Now, I haven't taken physics yet (other than in high school). Should I begin prep without taking physics? Should I just skip the physics problems when I take my first practice test?

Also, if I take the april MCAT I won't have the last month of physics II under my belt. Is this a problem.

Thanks,

-Phizz

If you are going to take a review class it shouldn't be too much of a problem. When I took my review I was 5 years out of physics, so I had to reteach myself everything. Make sure that you plan to study extra hard for it. I did, and now I am teaching Physics for Princeton Review. If you have any specific question email me [email protected]. Good luck!

Wait on the prep for the MCAT, its all about testing and you will lose it by the time April roles around. You should be okay with the physics.