Question about MCAT Retake and this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thelama

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I submitted my primaries the first week of June and received and completed all my secondaries last month. The only part of my application that was missing was my MCAT which I took July 2nd. I got my score back a few days ago and plan on retaking it in a couple weeks. Am I supposed to tell my schools about my planned retake? I am worried they will review my app and make a decision before my retake results come back. Anyone have any knowledge on this situation??

Members don't see this ad.

is it necessary for you to retake it? retaking it next month means you won't be able to get it back till october... that is super late

Reactions: 1 user
My application right now is very competitive for DO and gives me a chance for some in state MDs. I was scoring higher on practice exams and an additional 3 points on the real thing would be huge

How much higher? General concensus is if you can't score a definite 3 points higher you should not retake because it looks bad to get a similar score a second time around