Question about MCAT subscore spread??? (took on 6/19)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

41Johnny

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! So I took the 6/19 12:15pm test and just received my score back (Total 515, C/P 126, CARS 127, B/B 130, P/S 132 (lol how did i even do that)). I am super happy with it overall, but then I realized that there is quite a spread with my scores, with the delta between the highest and lowest scores being 6 points... Am I overthinking this and be wholeheartedly content with this score or should this be some cause for concern?

Members don't see this ad.

Don’t retake the mcat. Too many folks see marginal improvement or score decreases for a retake to be worth it.

Here’s the good news: your score is high and you did well in two sections

Here’s the less good news: you have two low sections.

When you target schools aim for programs where your 515 is towards the 75th percentile for matriculated students.

It is fine. I had one poor section (6 points below the others) and it only came up in one interview, though I did get kind of grilled about it lol. Still did not seem to matter for the overwhelming majority of schools I applied/interviewed with