Question about MCAT subscore spread??? (took on 6/19)

41Johnny

5+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2016
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hello everyone! So I took the 6/19 12:15pm test and just received my score back (Total 515, C/P 126, CARS 127, B/B 130, P/S 132 (lol how did i even do that)). I am super happy with it overall, but then I realized that there is quite a spread with my scores, with the delta between the highest and lowest scores being 6 points... Am I overthinking this and be wholeheartedly content with this score or should this be some cause for concern?

GreenDuck12

7+ Year Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    1. Medical Student
      Don’t retake the mcat. Too many folks see marginal improvement or score decreases for a retake to be worth it.

Here’s the good news: your score is high and you did well in two sections

Here’s the less good news: you have two low sections.

When you target schools aim for programs where your 515 is towards the 75th percentile for matriculated students.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.