Question About Medical Career Change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Racecar142019

Reaction score
Hello. I have a question for whomever has knowledge pertaining to this area.

I completed my first two years of medical school and I qualify for a Master's in Medical Science degree. I am planning on pursuing a full time MBA program and leaving the MD program as an alternative plan.

My questions are:

1. What careers opportunities do I have? With both an MBA (Master's In Business Administration) and a Master's in Medical Science. What can I do with these two degrees? What jobs, positions, and careers can I get myself into? I am aiming for a position with a starting salary of at least $300K per year. Nothing less than this and I am not wasting my time with something less.

2. What is the job employment and market for this dual degree? How many jobs are available for this kind of career? How many jobs are seeking graduates with these degree?

I am bilingual in Spanish and English. I have my basic education in medicine (1st 2 years of medical school) and plan on going for the MBA for business.

I look forward to the responses. Please do not reply unless the reply meets the conditions and what I am looking for.

Thank you for your time and help. I appreciate the help.

Have a great day.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I definitely LOLed at “nothing less than 300,000.”
Most MDs don’t make that much. My friend made 250 starting out as an Orthopaedic surgeon.
I know someone with a JD and MBA who is making less than 150K.
And you want 300 out of the gate?
I think you need to be realistic.

Lol— “please do not reply unless the answer meets the conditions ” ... if this isn’t trolling

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I admit that I love education and knowledge and truly think that if every fellowship added $50-100k, I would do like 4 fellowships.

But it doesn’t so I will only do one. And multiple masters are like this. Both will probably don’t do much more than whichever is more valuable.

You need to be the CEO should be ready to go right away with your 2 years of book knowledge and mba from an unknown school. Any fortune 500 company just Google the one you like best.

Salary usually in the 1-150 MM range depending on how the stock does that year so might be too high sorry if this isn't ok.

Reactions: 1 users