Question about medical school application

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by doctorme555, Dec 10, 2002.

1. doctorme555

doctorme555 Member

When you apply to medical school do you have to list all the classes you are taking in your senior year? And if so, do medical schools frown upon applicants who don't complete those courses after listing them on applications? I'm concerned about this because I'm thinking about doing a 2nd major in biology since I've almost completed the requirements for a bio minor and it wouldn't take too many more classes to make it a major instead of a minor. I won't decide until after I submit applications, which is why I was asking.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gleevec

Gleevec Peter, those are Cheerios

to my knowledge you do in fact list your current courses, and med schools only care that requirements are filled before you enter med school (so you can still work on it after interviews/being accepted, etc)

4. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27

Resident [Any Field]
    I believe most med schools will want you to get your BA/BS, which isn't an issue here. I know for grad students, they usually want a guarantee that they will finish their degree by the time they have to start classes. If you're claiming to be a double major and you end up compling a single major, you technically will be misleading med schools a bit, but I don't think it's anything they will care about.