Apr 17, 2019
I've seen different advice on this across the premed forums (aka reddit and SDN). Should the most meaningful be about how it influenced you to pursue medicine/qualities fit for a physician? One of my most meaningful originally was volunteering at a wildlife rehab that served as a getaway from school stress. I learned a lot of cool things there but nothing that pushed me towards medicine. Should I change it?

ChymeofPassion

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I've seen different advice on this across the premed forums (aka reddit and SDN). Should the most meaningful be about how it influenced you to pursue medicine/qualities fit for a physician? One of my most meaningful originally was volunteering at a wildlife rehab that served as a getaway from school stress. I learned a lot of cool things there but nothing that pushed me towards medicine. Should I change it?
I followed the AAMC guidelines. How it was a transformative experience and what I learned from it, how it changed me.

Sep 4, 2006
Inside the tesseract
A Most Meaningful entry doesn't need to have anything to do with medicine. Adcomms would love to read an expanded entry about working in a wildlife rehab facility and how it impacted you.

Reactions: Goro
Jun 26, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
2/3 of my most meaningfuls had nothing to do with medicine. I'd definitely try to use at least one of them for something medicine related though.

gonnif

Only 562 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I have seen applicants try to twist and bend minor experiences into most meaningful just because they are remotely connected to medicine. I saw one application try to tell me his organic chemistry class was most meaningful. Really?