Question about most meaningful AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpwithschoollist

Reaction score
I've seen different advice on this across the premed forums (aka reddit and SDN). Should the most meaningful be about how it influenced you to pursue medicine/qualities fit for a physician? One of my most meaningful originally was volunteering at a wildlife rehab that served as a getaway from school stress. I learned a lot of cool things there but nothing that pushed me towards medicine. Should I change it?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen different advice on this across the premed forums (aka reddit and SDN). Should the most meaningful be about how it influenced you to pursue medicine/qualities fit for a physician? One of my most meaningful originally was volunteering at a wildlife rehab that served as a getaway from school stress. I learned a lot of cool things there but nothing that pushed me towards medicine. Should I change it?
I followed the AAMC guidelines. How it was a transformative experience and what I learned from it, how it changed me.

A Most Meaningful entry doesn't need to have anything to do with medicine. Adcomms would love to read an expanded entry about working in a wildlife rehab facility and how it impacted you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
2/3 of my most meaningfuls had nothing to do with medicine. I'd definitely try to use at least one of them for something medicine related though.