I had a question or any one who has done this sort of track. I plan on applying to MPH programs with a concentration on environmental health. My only concern was I was looking for schools that had this program and I found out only a few were accredited by the National Environmental Health Association.
http://www.ehacoffice.org/accred-prog/grad-prog.php

I was wondering how much does accreditation really matter for a masters in public health? Is it better to go to one of these accreditation schools? I found other universities that do have an mph in public health with environmental health as a focus but aren't are a part of the Association. Any input would be helpful. Thank you!

Jan 19, 2012
New York City, NY
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I'm currently at Columbia University studying EH for my MPH. My school is not on that Environmental Health Association and frankly I haven't really heard of that association either. If you are going to get a MPH, it is much better to have the school be accredited by the CEPH or ASPH. Coming from one of those schools in Environmental Health will look a lot better, especially when you want to work in the field of public health, but then again, I don't know much about EHAC...

OneDay81

7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2009
Gulf Coast MS/LA
Status
Other Health Professions Student
It doesn't matter unless your school is not CAEPH accredited and you want a federal job. Then your program needs one or the other (for instance, look at the requirements for an EHO in the USPHS).